02 August 2006

GO...mAkE fOlLoWeRs...aNd bApTiZe tHeM...


That's one of the things Jesus tells us to do isn't it?!!! (Matthew 28:18-20)
I was amazed and delighted with the time with Rachel, Richard and little Anna at the "daisy farm"... they are trying to follow permaculture philosophy in their farm... I read some things about it and it's pretty cool how they intend to reach a balance between humans and nature, caring for the well being of both...focusing on production rather then consumption... planting a lot of diverse things and putting things on the right place so there's no need for much hard work...
We had nice conversations dreaming together about our farms and how we could start exchanging our different products in the future :-)... we have lots of Olive oil in the land in Portugal...they have lots of nice teas, berries and syrup :-)
But what most impacted me was Rachel's hunger for God :-)

That was one of the reasons she was begging me to go there... I met them last year in the Czech Rainbow gathering...they rescued me in their tipi, after getting soaking wet from the night rain :-)
I was with Emma and we end up sharing about God's love to Rachel, Emma prayed with her and I shared my personal encounter with Jesus... we kept e.mailing and she kept asking more and more about God...we even prayed few times through skype :-)
On the first day I was there we had a powerful time praying, and I felt to ask her if she was ever born again... we read some Scriptures and she told me she was asked that question several times in her life, but never felt it was the time... so we spoke about baptism and I explained her what it meant... in the end she simply said "Why not now?! We have a river!!! " (I thought about Philip and the eunuch :-) quite the same )
So we went to the river...a rainbow style baptism...naked :-) it was fun !!!
She wants to follow Jesus and know His Love :-)
she was having serious problems in her relationship with Richard, but along those days and with few prayers, things were changing, her heart was changing and in the end she was even thinking about having another child :-)
Be praying for this family...

One thing she really misses is community...and she told me she doesn't want to become like most of the christians she knows, all the different churches with all their different rules...
they live almost isolated in that farm...they wanna build community there, but who will join them ?!! there're some budists wanting to use the place for meditation...there's a "Jehovah witness" going there to teach the Bible... but I don't think that's what will fill the void in her soul and Spirit...
I will give Sirki, a reggae Dj I met at Slot Fest to visit them... at least they can have communion with other christians "like them" every once in a while... and I invite them to go to the land in Portugal for a while when the winter gets too cold and long here...
If anyone is interested to visit them, ask me for directions :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baba,

Q saudades e q vontade de partilhar coisas contigo. No outro dia tava a ver na 2 uma reportagem de um familia rastafari, que foi viver para o campo.

Acho q eles ganharam tanto q nem pensam no q perderam. A familia é bue unida e fazem todos parte de uma banda, até o menino de 3 anos. Mto mto fixe.

Deixou-me a pensar, se calhar estou a perder mta coisa aqui na cidade.

Se Deus quiser vou visitar-te à "terra", quando voltares :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.