15 August 2007

24-7 pRaYeR cAmp @ mOuNt oF oAkS


we're gonna have a 24 hour week of prayer at the Mount of Oaks...
we'll not have a room to pray , but we'll have a nice place in one of our little forests...Anne, Oona, Whitney, Lopes, Silvia and Joel are some of those who have been helping to make the forest a nice cozy place for us to meet God around the clock for one week...
It will happen from the 22 to the 29th, this month...well, next week...from wednesday to wednesday...
we'll have a shelter for coorporate times of worship and we'll have some discussion groups under some trees about prayer...
I'll ask your prayers for this... I know it's too on time, but I haven't been having much time to organize things...
Anyway...we just need to provide the place for people to pray...

there are some portuguese young people coming and everyone will come ready to camp and seek God...
we'll also serve the village in different ways, like visiting some old people in a day centre or at their homes... we might make a party for the young people in the "Club", but we'll see how things go :-)

IF YOU ARE AROUND...COME !!!
IF YOU'RE NOT, JOIN US IN PRAYER !!!
I feel we'll not be too many, but it's just a first step to make this place "a safe place to pray for this nation"... that's what I felt God telling me when we were about to buy this land... I'm noty totally sure of what He meant by that, but I do feel he wants to meet people here...and He wants to lead people here to pray ...
TEACH US GOD !!!!
AWAKE US HOLY SPIRIT !!!!

7 comments:

Danica said...

Ok my deras ,
cool to see that so many things are going on there.
You shall be blessed.. and do not forget the tea

greetings too anne "die straffe Frau" :)

danica

Anonymous said...

Hey Baba

thinking of you and praying for you ...

Debora

Whitney said...

Hey Baba! I arrived safely into Lisbon yesterday with no troubles :-)
Thanks again for the time I was there and for walking me to the train station!
I already miss you guys and the land :-( Wish I could've stayed longer....Oh well, next time.
Say hi to Anne and the girls for me.
Love,
Whitney

lisa said...

Thinking of you all as you pray. How cool it will be to have a prayer week in the forest! Do you have lanterns for the night?

Baba said...

we don't have lanterns...we ll use safety candles..be praying that no kind of accident happen...

Unknown said...

Barbara,
You are amazing!! Your life show us Jesus. I think more and more things will happen with you and through your life. bless you :) Lu

Unknown said...

ba, i love you sooo much. i think you know that. i dont read this blog enough, but when i do I feel the love and handprint of the father all over it, all over the land, and all over you! i cannot wait to see you, counting the days, today its only 30 days! yum yum!

its raining as always, but im sunny inside.
emx