10 January 2010

nEW yEaR mEsSaGe...


"Enough Light for the Next Step

Often we want to be able to see into the future. We say, "How will next year be for me? Where will I be five or ten years from now?" There are no answers to these questions. Mostly we have just enough light to see the next step: what we have to do in the coming hour or the following day. The art of living is to enjoy what we can see and not complain about what remains in the dark. When we are able to take the next step with the trust that we will have enough light for the step that follows, we can walk through life with joy and be surprised at how far we go. Let's rejoice in the little light we carry and not ask for the great beam that would take all shadows away."
(by Henry Nowen)

I get this daily meditations and I thought this was a nice one to meditate on as we enter a new season... a new decade on our journey towards The Light...

My prayer for all of us is that we live content with the Light we have... that we live in peace even when shadows are ahead...
I pray for boldness to step towards unknown situations and trust that no matter what will happen, God will be there with us...

I also got a personal word for this year to come :
Resurrection !!!

what is means, I don't know yet, but I want to trustfully and hopefully walk towards it, knowing that :
" the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn,
which shines brighter and brighter,
until full day."
(proverbs 4:18)

No comments: