27 April 2006

oNe mOrE fIrE pLaCe...


I was just replying to an e.mail of a friend, because she sent me this verse God has been speaking to her as well about rain, in Isaiah 45:8... And that led me to the verse in Hosea 10:12, when God actually shared this whole idea about mobilizing the Prayer Month with the prayer rooms (funny enough, exactly here at this church where I am now ,but last year)...
As I was reading again Hosea, it stroked me again...This is exactly what this is all about...Preparing the fields and waiting for the rain...
It speaks about preparing the fields to sow justice, and it promise to harvest Love (what beautiful poetic picture)...
THEN God will send the rain !!!

This reminds me of Angola...in the south where my parents live it's pretty dry and almost desert...As I was driving with my father one day, I notice that people were preparing the fields, but there was no sign of rain at all... They were not even sure if rain would come...and those fields are in a place where there's no potable water nearby (only salty, not good to plant)...only rich people can water their plants because they can bring water from the city and store it in huge tanks... so I asked my father what were they doing, and he told me they were just preparing the fields, waiting for the rain to come... But it was not even the rain season...I just thought they could only be doing that totally by faith !!!
Wow what a lesson!!!... And this is all about that... We are to prepare the dry fields, where no one expects rain to come...people might even think we are crazy... We might even think the same of ourselves...we can even start thinking that it will not be worth it...(speaking about myself now)
Wow, thank you Jesus for reminding me of that... Thank you for Your word and Your promises which never fail...

No comments: