22 April 2009

oF tHeY gO...


the Jones
' family is back on the road with their amazing truck...
we all had an amazing time together while they were here... They're a great family, and a great model for those who think that living on the road is just for singles or couples without children...
well, they have 5 , and they all seem to be ok :-) ...
They're homeschooling while they travel, and imagine the many other things they will learn from this experience...
Andrew and Debbie don't know yet when or where or if they will stop living on the road...I'll keep tracking their journey on Andrew ' blog, I'm sure it will be worth reading ...
Debbie was telling me how they are often kicked out of the places they stop, just because they are BIG...well, the truck is, they are all skinny and tall :-)... they were feeling a bit bad about that, cuz they couldn't understand...and they are such lovely and joyful people...but we were wondering what frightens people today...well, being too joyful can be scary for some...and then, being too much out of the patterns teh world offers can be very frightening...people think they are gypsies, and in people's minds it's assumed that gypsies are "bad" people, which I totally disagree... again, the human tendency to generalize and label people...
Or maybe it's about what I shared in my last post...people are afraid of those who live freely... it can either attract people, or really scare them... cuz most of people today, at least in the so called "developed" countries, are control freaks, so freedom is often associated to "anarchy" (which again has a bad connotation in people's minds, and I don't agree at all)...
Anyway, I'll not start with philosophy again... I had wonderful chats by the way, both with Debbie and Andrew...and lots of fun with the girls...Sam is a bit more quiet, but seems to have a great heart...while here he was busy organizing a summer trip with his friends on the "Camino de Santiago"...
O.k, enough of text, here goes some more pictures from the last days

the "littleskinnykiwi", and "smallskinnykiwi" (correct me if I'm wrong Andrew), children of their dad of course, the tallskinnykiwi, ready to plant a kiwi tree on the Mount of Oaks...we name it "tinnyskinnykiwi", eh, eh, eh, I just hope the fruits will not correspond to the name :-)

strong Hanna...

T.J. stepping it very carefully...

And Abigail came to help with the water...Good job girls!!! I will always remember you here :-)... And I'm sure Nono will not forget you :-)...

And time for good-bye's ... I 'd better say, "see you next time"...I do hope...

Mr.Jones is ready to drive!!!

And Debbie is making sure everything is in place inside...she can't wait to improve the truck and make it more practical and more beautiful...she's an artist, can't help it !!! And a wonderful mom !!!

T.J. showing me the girl's room !!!

So, of they went... next stop will be in Lisbon, to visit the Hurst's, the Uhler's, and the rest of the crew there...

By the way, "JESUS FREAKS" IN KOLN, they will need some help to fix some things on the truck, like putting some windows and external boxes, and I know you're great on that, specially Jo(hannes)...I know he doesn't use much e.mail or internet, so let him know if any of you there happen to read this :-)... but I will get in touch by e.mail...

2 comments:

whitney said...

AHHH... Love those Jones... They are all so special... every one of them... what GEMS!!!

Esther said...

we do too - missing them all very, very much here in Stromness, but great to see them having a wonderful time with you and planting the kiwi tree - go Jones'!!!