15 April 2010

wOnDeRs oF nAtUrE...


I just arrived from Dublin, after not being sure I was actually about to take the flight. All UK airports are closed because of a vulcano in south Iceland which erupted today...they say this ashes are really dangerous for the plain's engines so they are not risking to allow any plains to take off...
Even flights to Brussels were being canceled, I didn't understand...but I guess there was no danger to fly south to Portugal... Fiiiuuu...it was a bit chaotic at the airport, but I made it to the gate on time...
Thank God there are no major loses in Iceland, people are being evacuated, but no injuries nor deaths...just quickly read the news...



Made me think about the power and strength of nature, and how often we neglect the way we treat the earth... people were just complaining and stressing because they were either wasting time or money...maybe we could all think a bit more about our responsibility towards creation and stop being so selfish...maybe we could avoid flying so much :-/ ... I have to recognize that I do feel bad for taking so many flights...and it's so crazy these days...airports are more like bus stations... it's so cheap and easy... but how much longer the earth will be able to "afford" all this pollution? maybe till petrol runs out
:-/ ...

... at the same time, it's thrilling and beautiful to realize how magnificent this planet is ... the whole universe, created in perfect balance and harmony... supposed to be cared for, but instead, being used and abused, raped by our egocentric and selfish nature...
I stay in awe and fear before it and the One who create it with so much love and wisdom...

It was only 2 days before when I was walking with Emma along the coast on "the highway to health" in Whitehead (north of Belfast)... So beautiful landscape...green cliffs, caves...nice aromas and beautiful colours, all sorts of birds, wild rabbits... we were about to go back when I just decided to climb a rock and get myself inside a little cave :-)... I was admiring the beauty and vastness of the ocean, when suddenly I saw a big fish swimming... on my first look I thought it was a shark...but then it was obvious, they were dolphins... wow... I could never imagine nor expect that...it was beautiful... me and Emma were like children shouting at them... check out the video

there was a local there who said that they come around sometimes, but he never saw them jumping like they did... it was amazing... a gift to be able to witness it... I think dolphins like showing off :-)... it was brilliant !!! we were sooo thankful !!!

Anyway, I still have one hour to wait for my train and finally get back home... I heard from Lyna that Huck (one of our dogs) is bleeding and they can't treat him (he often doesn't allow anyone to come near)...we're just praying and hoping he'll be alright... can't wait to be back home :-)

2 comments:

The Winters said...

Hey sweetie pie. Dancing dolphins just for you 2. Very lovely. Glad to hear you got out safe and sound from Ireland. Von's mum goes back tomorrow if they open up London airport. If not, she'll be with us a little longer. Speak soon, love us. xxxx

Unknown said...

Ba, just showed the 'dancing dolpins' to mum and dad! they loved the wee video.